my website riqart.com and my Redeemer comic at The Weekly Revolver.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Thor's mighty hammer.


Trying to do this sketch a day.. whew.. I got the most recent Thor with Copiel on pencils and Laura Martin doing colors.. What a pretty book-hopefully the quality maintain for some time.. I'm afraid they'll change teams and give us a C-class book pretty soon. But right now, I'm enjoying the visuals..

I love Copiel's redesign of Thor.. It's just right.. I even like the really squat face he's giving him; he's doesn't have a cookie cutter "hero" face you're used to seeing in comics a'la Jim Lee and co. ( not that I'm hating on Jim. His stuff is fun, but all of the characters have that feeling of sameness)

Anyway here's my take on Thor.. I really don't like his bottom half, and his face looks slightly geriatric, but for me that's what a daily sketch is about, taking chances and doing something different. As you can see I also wanted to draw trees. So I did. Even though they are blob trees.

2 comments:

Ron Salas said...

I love Coipel's take on Thor. That squat face was originally from Simonson, who had the best run on that series, bar none.

I like your sketch. I wish we could see more of his bottom half. There's too much of the cape, here. Nice POV, though.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!