my website riqart.com and my Redeemer comic at The Weekly Revolver.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Blast from the Past. Gen 13 Submission

I did this 4 page sample around 91 or 92 when I was living in Japan..  I lost the originals when a crap load of my stuff was stolen when I was moving out of my apt back in Osaka.

Luckily a friend of mine had already put these on the web( I knew almost nothing of how to do webpages at the time) Of course a few months later I put together my own website in Go Live- so I wasn't that far behind the curve..

I still like these pages, but I think their biggest short coming is story.. Not only story telling, but the actual story is pretty boring.. I'm driven to draw better stories now-a-days.. Even if I do samples I feel compelled to do an entertaining story,,




1 comment:

Adrian Johnson said...

Actually, this isn't too bad, Tariq. Cool samples, though I never knew the Gen13 kids to be so well-mannered. Like they walk off in the last panel, waving good-bye like they're the Beatles or something. LOL!

If you can recall, who were your influences at that stage?