my website riqart.com and my Redeemer comic at The Weekly Revolver.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Finally Finished.


I put the last bit of paint on this two days ago.. This was a fun picture to paint, and it was on of those cases where at times it painted itself..

I ended up using a lot of opaque acrylics( gouache-y like approach) for the BG characters.. That was not my plan, but Igave the the very controlled tonal range I wanted there.

The Cylclops is mainly done with transparent washes, which is my usual modus-operendi with acrylics.

On the next piece I'd like to experiment with ptting some oils on top of the transparent acrylic wash.. We'll see how that turns out..

I'll be making prints of this in the next few weeks.

BTW, the web has a way of washing out the color.. To see a more accurate version of this drag the file to you desktop and view there..

No comments: